You’ll have to forgive me in advance. You see, Iv’e never done one of these before. I’m pretty new to the whole “Blogging” thing, so bear with me…Ok…
I want to start by saying thank you for joining us on this faith journey! While it is very exciting for us, we are also scared out of our minds! The unknown is definitely not a comforting thing to think about, but we are trusting in the ultimate source of peace and comfort. We know that The Lord will be guiding our every step on this wild adventure. So while it may seem crazy, there is stability in The Father. And for that, we are so grateful.
I assume that most of you have seen the video already. (If not, watch it now.) There were actually a few things I failed to mention in the video. The day of the video shoot, for some reason, I had the hardest time thinking about the things we needed funding for. I mentioned 3 (visas, plane tickets, and tuition). Here are the resources I forgot to mention:
- Childcare – What’s great about childcare, is that I won’t have to take Aaron to the usual daycare. Hillsong actually has childcare on the same campus where I will be taking my classes! However, we could most definitely use some help in that area because we all know (especially parents) that childcare is not cheap! So if you feel led to give towards this area of our finances, please let us know!
- A Vehicle – Since I will be studying at the Hills Campus in Sydney, our family will be located in the suburbs as opposed to the city. Which means we will most definitely be needing a car when we get there. A decent used car will cost around 3,000 dollars.
- A Macbook Pro – Last but definitely NOT least. I will be studying worship at Hillsong College. One thing that is a necessity is a macbook pro. I need one so I can run a program called MainStage and use it with my keyboard. I’m going to need to learn the ins and outs of MainStage during my time at college, and the computer I have now is too old and only works when I have it connected to the charger lol. The laptop will actually be one of my first purchases before leaving to Australia, so I can learn as much as I can about MainStage BEFORE I get there.
I know that there are a lot of necessities, but we believe in a powerful God. He has always provided for us, and I doubt He will stop now. We are praying and believing for His provision as we prepare to embark on the greatest journey of our lives!
As for you, we would be so appreciative if you continued to support us in prayer! We believe in the power of prayer. We have seen it in our lives and in the lives of others. So here’s what you can be praying for:
- Adam finds a job – Yes, Adam will be working while we are in Sydney. We are praying and believing that God places him exactly where he needs to be. Ideally, Adam would love to work from home. But, just be in prayer for God’s guidance and provision during the job searching process.
- Our visas – I know that there is probably nothing to worry about here, but please pray that the process of obtaining our visas goes smoothly. I have heard horror stories about paperwork being lost, something not being filled out correctly, or the country just flat out denying visas. So while in the back of my mind, I worry, I know that God is in control.
- Aaron – I know that my son is still very young and he probably won’t remember most of this, but please be in prayer for my sweet little boy. Pray that he does well during the trip to Sydney. That’s a lot of flying for a baby, and I know it won’t be easy. Just pray for peace and comfort for my little fella. Also be in prayer for him adjusting to the time change once we get there. That is gonna be rough on him too. I know that these things are a long ways away, but being in prayer for these things would mean the world to us!
Again, thank you so much for joining us on our wild adventure! I hope my first blog wasn’t too long or boring haha. Blessings to you!
Grace and Peace,